THE ORCHARD WINDFALLS FUND 2013 IS NOW CLOSED. The information below is for reference only.
Grant applications for the 2013 planting season are now closed. We hope to re-open the Tree Futures grant programme for applications for planting in 2014 after National Tree Week 2013 (23rd November - 1st December).
Thank you for your interest in our Orchard Windfalls Fund 2013.
This grant fund is open to all Schools and Community Groups within the United Kingdom, with the condition that children aged sixteen or under are involved.
This educational aspect might be during the design, planning and planting of the orchard or, in schools, it might be part of curriculum related projects that will be enhanced by the preliminary activities or the subsequent availability of an orchard on or near to the school site.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Applications must be on behalf of a School or Community Group which is a charity / not for profit organisation
- Children under the age of 16 must be ACTIVELY involved in the planting process
- Planting must take place on publicly accessible land, usually in public or charity ownership
- The School or Community Group must be able to raise 25% of planting costs
- Fruit-bearing shrubs or hedge plants are not eligible for funding
- Apple and pear trees on selected root stocks are the only trees eligible for funding
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week
- Applications in respect of work already carried out are ineligible
If your project meets all the criteria listed, you are eligible to apply for a grant.
You can download the 2013 further information and application form here to give you an idea of what is involved in making an application.
NB: this material is not current and the closing date for 2013 applications has passed. The fund will not open again for applications until December.