THE ORCHARD WINDFALLS FUND 2014 IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you for your interest in our Orchard Windfalls Fund 2014.
This grant fund is open to all Schools and Community Groups within the United Kingdom, with the condition that children aged sixteen or under are involved in the planting or, where the trees are too large to be directly handled by them, related educational activities. This educational aspect might be during the design, planning and planting of the orchard or, in schools, it might be part of curriculum related projects that will be enhanced by the preliminary activities or the subsequent availability of fruit trees on or near to the school site.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Applications must be on behalf of a School or Community Group which is a charity / not for profit organisation
- Children under the age of 16 must be ACTIVELY involved in the planting process
- Planting must take place on publicly accessible land, usually in public or charity ownership
- The School or Community Group must be able to raise 25% of planting costs
- Fruit-bearing shrubs or hedge plants are not eligible for funding
- Apple and pear trees on selected root stocks are the only trees eligible for funding
- Planting must take place during National Tree Week
- Applications in respect of work already carried out are ineligible
If your project meets all the criteria listed, you are eligible to apply for a grant.
For further information you can download the application form for 2014 here. However, the deadline for new applications is now closed.