Watch our Force For Nature Festival!
The festival is a great opportunity to feel part of the exciting Force For Nature campaign and celebrate the wonder of trees and nature. The event has been designed to enhance your school day and inspire your school and students to be a Force for Nature.
- Special guest Lucy Lapwing, as seen on BBC Springwatch, inspiring you to take action and be a #ForceForNature
- Hear passionate speeches from young people across England and Wales who are speaking up for trees and nature
- Meet our incredible young ambassadors who will share their personal stories through live illustration created by renowned artist Rachel Gadsden
- The exclusive first play of the Force For Nature song, written by singer-songwriter Benjamin Haycock, former ITV’s The Voice contestant
See our incredible schools
Thanks to over 800 incredible schools, this planting season we have planted over 30,000 fruit trees and fruiting hedgerow whips. We are working together to create a healthier future for young people and the planet by unlocking the power of trees. Thank you to each and every school – you are a Force For Nature.
Re-connecting students with nature and each other
Some 89% of surveyed youth think young people can make a difference on climate change.
But the coronavirus pandemic has had a severe impact on young people, disconnecting them from their peers and interrupting their studies. By planting, caring for and learning about trees in school, young people can:
- Reconnect, with nature, each other and their school and teachers.
- Learn, why trees matter to their health and learn how to create a healthier environment.
- Share, their new knowledge, experiences and compassion with the world, helping to create a healthier future for all life on earth.
There are several ways to create a #ForceForNature in your school.
Orchards for Schools free tree packs
Thanks to support from the Daily Mail, we are offering schools fruiting tree and hedgerow packs. You can now apply for your Orchard for Schools fruiting tree and/or hedgerow pack(s). We’ll also provide all the resources and information you need to help your orchard thrive.
Join our club space
Set up a Young Tree Champions Club account
The Tree Council and M&G plc have teamed up to inspire teachers and children to unlock the power of trees, through a new, national Young Tree Champions programme. Young Tree Champions will connect, learn and share the power of trees, and together become a national #ForceForNature. Stay connected and get exclusive access to our news bulletin, training opportunities and competitions through the club space.
Branching Out Fund
Funding is available for schools and community groups proposing to undertake well-planned tree, orchard and hedge planting projects. Planting usually takes place during National Tree week – 27 November – 5 December 2021. We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the next planting season.