National Hedgerow Week 2021:
Giving humble hedgerows the recognition they deserve
The inaugural National Hedgerow Week launched on 29th May 2021 to highlight the immense contribution these unsung heroes of the natural world make in the fight against climate change and biodiversity loss and to raise awareness of the threats they face.
Activities will include
- The launch of the UK’s first All Natural Hedgefunds available to help people plant hedgerows
- HedgeTalks – a webinar series helping the public get the most out of their hedges
- Talk To The Hedge photo competition
- #talktothehedge – a social media campaign to share your love of hedges
- A microsite packed full of helpful tips and growing information- www.nationalhedgerowweek.org.uk
Get in touch
For more information on National Hedgerow Week and the Close the Gap programme, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For press enquiries, please contact Iseult.Larkin@treecouncil.org.uk
This project is funded by the government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund. The fund is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England and the Environment Agency.
Project partners include The Tree Council, Farming & Wildlife Advisory Group, People’s Trust for Endangered Species, Moor Trees, University of Reading, Future Gardeners (Worshipful Company of Gardeners) and Hedgelink.