This year has turned out to be one of overcoming and adapting to the challenges presented to us by the current global pandemic. One thing we will particularly miss this year is seeing all our brilliant Tree Warden networks gather for our annual Regional Tree Warden Forums. They provide the perfect opportunity to get together as part of your network, share your stories, ideas, and knowledge, and catch-up with friends across other networks. We know how much Tree Wardens value these events, so to ensure Tree Wardens don’t completely miss out, we are offering support for Online Regional Tree Warden Forums.
If your Tree Warden network would like to host a Regional Forum this year, The Tree Council team is here to offer the following help:
- Setting up the forum on our Tree Council Zoom account, which can hold over 100 people
- Administration of online invites and ‘tickets’ to the event
- Technical assistance with the Zoom meeting on the day (for example with managing the lobby, and speakers’ presentations)
- Support with identifying and booking speakers where needed
- Chairing the event on the day, although you may wish to have a go yourself!
- Promoting your event on our website and ‘Branching Out’ e-news
If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Regional Tree Warden Forums have taken place between late September and late October in previous years, but since we are online this year there are no limits as to when you can host an event. You may wish to consider holding your forum in the evening on a weekday.
Tree Wardens Forums are for Tree Wardens – so it’s over to you! We are very excited to hear from you soon, and your thoughts and ideas regarding these events are, as always, entirely welcome.
We’re here to help, so please do not hesitate in getting in contact with us.