About the network:
Plymouth Tree Partnership depends on its volunteers, whether that means coming to an organised event to plant or care for trees, watering one or two new trees over summer or making a longer term commitment in respect of an area. If this interests you or you can contribute with particular skills or experience, such as web communications, funding applications or administration, we would be pleased to hear from you.
The Plymouth Tree Partnership is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (registered charity no: 1161565) which works in partnership with others to plan and deliver projects that will leave a legacy of a greener, healthier and more beautiful city. We do this by:
• Promoting the use of trees as a key feature in streets, parks, schools and public places.
• Supporting resident and community groups so that they can plant and care for more trees – the right tree in the right place.
• Sharing knowledge and information about trees and how they integrate with the built and natural environments.
• Contributing to initiatives that celebrate the city’s heritage and culture.
• Managing the Family Tree Scheme.
• Championing our locally unique tree – the Plymouth Pear.
• Managing a network of volunteer Tree Wardens.
VISIT REMARKABLE TREES:
Explore trees in your area
Explore beautiful trees in your local area using our interactive map. You’ll also find links to 60 educational tree planting stories, inspired by the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and carried out by volunteers in communities across the UK.