Sign up for the Force For Nature Festival
The Force For Nature festival is back! Inspiring and celebrating the incredible work of thousands of students from all across the UK who are being a Force For Nature.
- Renowned artist Rachel Gadsden and Muhammed, one of our YTC ambassadors, will be leading an interactive poetry in motion activity
- Hear passionate speeches from young people all around the UK who are speaking up for trees and nature
- Meet our incredible Ambassadors, inspiring you to take action and be a #ForceForNature
- Awards: The announcement of the winner of the Speaking Up for Trees and Nature competition and the Young Tree Champion Beacon Schools for 2022.
All schools welcome! Join us for free on youtube live – see you there!
See our incredible schools
Thanks to over 2000 incredible schools, this planting season we have planted over 87,000 fruit trees and fruiting hedgerow whips. We are working together to create a healthier future for young people and the planet by unlocking the power of trees. Thank you to each and every school – you are a Force For Nature.
Re-connecting students with nature and each other
Some 89% of surveyed youth think young people can make a difference on climate change.
But the coronavirus pandemic has had a severe impact on young people, disconnecting them from their peers and interrupting their studies. By planting, caring for and learning about trees in school, young people can:
- Reconnect, with nature, each other and their school and teachers.
- Learn, why trees matter to their health and learn how to create a healthier environment.
- Share, their new knowledge, experiences and compassion with the world, helping to create a healthier future for all life on earth.
There are several ways to create a #ForceForNature in your school.
Find out more
Orchards for Schools free tree or hedgerow packs
Thanks to support from the Daily Mail, we are offering schools fruiting tree and hedgerow packs. Find out more about applying for an Orchards for Schools fruiting tree and/or hedgerow pack(s). We’ll also provide all the resources and information you need to help your orchard thrive.
Join our national Force For Nature network
Join our Young Tree Champions Community
The Tree Council and M&G plc have teamed up to inspire teachers and children to unlock the power of trees, through the Young Tree Champions programme. Young Tree Champions will connect, learn and share the power of trees, and together become a national Force For Nature. Create a free club account and join the Young Tree Champions community.
Branching Out Fund – re-opening for applications during the summer
Funding is available for schools and community groups proposing to undertake well-planned tree, orchard and hedge planting projects. Planting usually takes place during National Tree week – 27 November – 5 December 2021.